Welcome to the Nar Nar Goon Football and Netball Clubs
Vale Club Legend Bill "Doc" Doherty 1923-2022
Nar Nar Goon mourns the passing of club legend, Bill "Doc" Doherty.
Life Member, past President, past league President, and great person in Bill Doc Doherty. What a great innings he had and healthy to the end. He was such an inspiration to the football community in the district & will be sadly missed. Our deepest sympathy to the Doherty family
From the NNGFC, committee, members and supporters - RIP Doc
A snapshot of Bill's enormous contribution to the Nar Nar Goon FC and local communities.
Nar Nar Goon Football Club
* Player for Nar Nar Goon FC 1945-56.
* NNGFC President 8 years, Committee, League Delegate 13 years, Selector 9 years, Publicity Officer 7 years.
* President of Past Players and Officials and initiator of the annual grand final breakfast during the 1980's.
* Curator of the Nar Nar Goon rec reserve and oval for 20 years.
* Life member in 1967.
* Honoured as first club legend in 2018.
* The "Bill Doherty" medal for NNG-Cora Lynn clashes named in his honour.
West Gippsland Football League
* President 9 years, Vice president 5 years
* Publicity Officer 7 years, Tribunal Secretary 8 years, Inter-league selector 9 years.
* Life member 1971.
* West Gippsland Junior Football League Life member.
* Victorian Country Football League service medal.
* 1999 - Cardinia Shire Citizen of the Year.
* 2001 – Awarded the Australian Sports and Centenary Medals.
* Member of Nar Nar Goon CFA brigade where he served terms as captain and 3rd lieutenant.
* Served in Australian Army 1945-47.
* Member of the Nar Nar Goon sub-branch of the Returned Services League.
* 2021 - Awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in the general division.
TAC CLUB REWARDS Program
*Attention all NNGFC community*
The Nar Nar Goon Football Club is currently taking part in the TAC Club Rewards program. To briefly explain, the initiative aims to include community Football & Netball Clubs in the mission to eliminate deaths & serious injuries on road. Throughout the season the club will be participating in actively spreading the road safety messages through various promotional activities. In return the club can earn up to $10,000
Look out for posts like this, check out the posters around the clubrooms, stay involved & remember to drive safe
We all have someone to get home to. Lets band together to make sure we all get home safely.
Black armbands have been worn on the field to honour a death in the community for decades. This year, for TAC and AFL Victoria’s Road Safety Round, everyone in the community will wear a new kind of armband. One that will help us band together to eliminate deaths and serious injuries on the road.
Across the 15-17th of July, every AFL Victoria club will run out onto the field for the TAC & AFL Victoria Road Safety Round. But this year, it’s not just the players who will be participating. It’s the entire community. To commemorate their commitment to eliminating deaths and serious injuries on the roads, captains, coaches, players and the surrounding community will wear their support in the form of a blue armband. These bands will be available at your local football club and handed out to anyone who wants to get behind the cause. On every armband lies a QR code containing stories from an ever-growing number of Victorians on why road safety matters to them.
Our Home Ground
Spencer Street, Nar Nar Goon